Vehicle Accident Lawyer
The busy roadways in Long Island frequently result in auto accidents. The congestion of cars, trucks and other motorized vehicles sharing the road while commuting rapidly to and from places creates dangerous driving conditions. What’s more, some drivers tend to drive on edge, which can further aggravate a stressful situation and lead to an accident. Others are negligent and disregard the rules of the road. The combination of these factors and many others is a recipe for auto accidents that commonly occur on the roads in Suffolk County.
The reality is that all drivers take a risk whenever they are on the road. From negligence to fatigue, an auto accident can result from any number of circumstances. Some of the most common causes of auto accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: When someone chooses to multitask while driving, they are likely engaged in distracted driving. Driving while texting, talking on the phone, eating, applying makeup, or doing anything that takes the focus off the road exponentially increases the chances of an accident.
- Violation of Traffic Laws: Drivers who run red lights or stop signs endanger themselves and others on the road. These are major traffic violations. Other traffic violations include changing lanes illegally and not signaling when necessary.
- Fatigue: Fatigue can impair a person’s ability to drive competently. Not being able to react quickly enough or follow the rules of the road due to fatigue can result in an accident.
- Speeding: Speeding is a constant cause of accidents. If a driver is unable to stop on time, they can severely injure themselves and other drivers.
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs and/or Alcohol: Driving while intoxicated is a serious offense. Many fatal accidents occur due to impaired driving due to drugs and/or alcohol.
- Reckless Driving: Disregarding the safety of others and oneself is known as reckless driving. When someone does not adhere to the rules of the road, the result can be devastating. Reckless driving includes speeding, swerving in and out of lanes too quickly, and disregarding traffic rules.
- Weather Conditions: It is important to always be cautious while driving in the rain or snow. Slippery conditions can veer a car off the road or unto oncoming traffic.
- Road Conditions: Poor road conditions can affect a person’s ability to drive safely. If there are potholes, debris, confusing road signs, or uncleared snow and ice, a driver has an increased chance of getting into a collision or accident.
If you have been seriously injured in an auto accident that was caused by someone else, it is highly recommended to consult with an auto accident attorney for legal assistance. An auto accident attorney can evaluate your claim and help procure fair compensation for your injury and damages. At Law Office of Sharon L. Silver, our team has years of experience assisting clients with their auto accident claims. Contact us today to learn how we can help you obtain just compensation.
Best Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Islandia, NY
Call Now For A Confidential Case Evaluation